Sponsored by St. Mary of the Hills Episcopal Church, the 56th annual Tour of Homes will showcase five homes on Friday, July 25. Transportation will be provided from the church beginning at 9 am until 3 pm with the houses open until 5 pm. Parking is available near the church in the deck at Wallingford Street and Laurel Lane, next to the Blowing Rock Art and History Museum.
The homes of Jan and David Bradford, Gigi and Shawn Poole, Curt Andrews, Mary Bickers and Mark Murphy, and Steve Price and Chris Frye will be featured. All have their own special charm.
Tickets are $25 and may be purchased at St. Mary’s and at the Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce on Park Avenue beginning July 1st. Tickets may not be purchased by mail.
Other activities offered at the church will include a $10 lunch provided by Roots at the Church Café. In addition, yummy baked goods with an Italian theme will be sold and there will be a silent auction, Timeless Treasures with unique items including original art, jewelry, a Wall of Wine, antiques and plants. Tickets for the café may be purchased at the church, first come, first served. Café tickets will be available on the day of the tour and the menu will include a vegetarian option.
The annual Patron’s Party, catered by Grouse Moor Catering, will be held on Thursday, July 10 at the home of Kyle and Chuck Ball in Firethorn. Dress is black tie, optional. Tickets for this elegant event are $150 and may be purchased at the church or by mail, with a check made out to St. Mary of the Hills – Patron Party, P.O. Box 1882, Blowing Rock, N.C. 28605. Attendance is limited.
Anyone with questions may call Barbara Ballesty at (828) 295-6331. All proceeds from the Tour support community projects and area non-profit organizations.
Quick Facts at a Glance:
Tour of Homes Patron’s Party
• When: July 10th
• Where: Kyle and Chuck Ball’s home, Firethorn
• Cost: $150/person - checks made payable to St. Mary of the Hills – Patron Party
• Dress: Black tie optional
Tour of Homes:
• When: July 25th
• Where: Transportation leaves from the church beginning at 9:00 am, with last shuttle leaving at 3:00 pm. Homes are open until 5:00 pm
• Cost: $25/person
• Church Café: Catered by Roots at the church for $10/person. Tickets available at the church. Vegetarian option available.
• Parking: Available in the deck behind BRAHMS
• Other Activities: Bake Sale, Silent Auction, Cookbook Sale, and more.
Tour of Homes Committee Chairs
Garland Myers -
· Transportation: Chip Myers and Gary Closter
· Timeless Treasures: Mary Galke and Mary Ellen Raulerson
Jo Ann Hallmark – “Bittersweet” home of Steve Price and Chris Frye
Page Parsons – “Blythe Wood” home of Gigi and Shawn Poole
Sabine Miller and Kay Snow – “ Bradford Blessing” home of Jan and David Bradford
Amanda White – “ Buddy’s Hill” home of Mary Bickers and Mark Murphy
Louann Kitchell – “Wintersweet” home of Curt Andrews
· Flowers: Judy Gloster and Nell Kline
· Tickets: Beth Lawler
· Tents and Signs: Jim West
· Clean Up: Greg Rhoades
· Water Detail: Paul Kesaras
· Publicity: Will Merrill and Loy McGill
· Posters and Tickets: Leslie Temple
· Church Café: Susie Morgan
· Kitchen Clean Up: Nioucha Branstrom
· Youth: Tim Silver
· Tents: McGill reserve
· Bake Sale: Tom Veale and Robert Kling
· Administration: Budget, Underwriting, Insurance, Alcohol Permit, Misc. - Barbara Ballesty
· House Procurement: Susie Greene and Will Merrill
· Patron Party: Peggy Carlson and Nell Kline
· Docent: Frank Thomas
· Poster Distribution: Youth